Friday, September 20, 2019

It was so wonderful meeting with each of you over the past couple of days. Thank you so much for taking the time to engage in these important introductory discussions about your child. I thoroughly enjoyed the conversations we shared.


We continued our investigation into what it means to be an artist this week and began to explore the exciting world of COLOUR! We learned about warm colours and cool colours, talked about the 3 magic primary colors and enjoyed experimenting with some colour mixing at centre time.



We explored a new artist technique called collage. Our next collaborative art piece is well underway!



We talked about how colours can be associated with different feelings and emotions. Each child created their own beautiful color collage and shared how each colour makes them feel.

 

"I like green because it reminds me of the earth."
Aniya

"My favourite colour is blue because it reminds me of water and the winter and playing in new snow."
Harris

"I like red because it reminds me of love inside. It makes me feel warm."
Henri

"My favourite colour is yellow because it makes me think that I’m in the sand on a hot sunny day."
James


 
 


Our kiddos are working so hard at building their fine motor skills! At this time in the year, children begin many of their days at school with finger strengthening exercises such as beading, manipulating plasticine, building with screws and bolts, printing their name, scissor activities, etc. We attempted cutting out shapes for the first time on Wednesday and the kids did great! 


 




 



Children drew their first self-portraits of the year and each shared a little bit about what they would like me to know about them. 

 


 


Classroom Information and Reminders

1. The school-wide Terry Fox Run will be taking place on Thursday, Sept. 26 from 2:50 to 3:20. We will be running at Green Park, across the street from the school. All are welcome! As this is an afternoon event, morning students are invited to join us for the run, as long as they are accompanied by an adult. Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather on that day. 

2. In the next couple of weeks, students will begin investigating the communities in which we live. If possible, please send in a picture of your child’s home(s) so that they may share a little bit about where they live with their classmates. Feel free to email me the photos (taroberts@cbe.ab.ca) if that is easier. Please send in home photos by Tuesday, October 1. 


Have a wonderful weekend! See you on Tuesday!

Miss Roberts :)